Re: Queue/Batch Systems

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 09:14:15AM -0700, Josh Lauricha wrote:
> I've been looking for a Batch/Queue system, however the ones I've found
> are either no longer actively maintained (Or the pages are simply
> massivly out of date) or non-free. Does anyone have any suggestions?

The latest SysAdmin magazine has a review of many of these systems. See
http://www.samag.com/documents/s=8817/sam0313c/0313c.htm

   "The systems discussed are: at(1)/bbq(1), Clusterware/Load Sharing Facility
    (LSF), Condor, Generic Network Queuing System (GNQS), GNU Queue, Open
    Portable Batch System (OpenPBS), and the Sun Grid Engine (SGE)."

Ryan