Re: Just A Few Questions...

myuu wrote:

Hey all, I'm in need of some help/advise. I'm working on a project for a
HS extracircular activity and my plan was to build a beowulf. But with 2
wks till i need to be done, its turned into a 16 node openMosix cluster.
Obviously, with all those machines I really don't want to install and
recompile each machine, so...

1)my plan is to get one node working and dd'ing the two HDs (dd
if=/dev/hda of=/dev/hdb); since all these machines are identical, with
should work right? if not, is there anoher way?

One other warning: dd doesn't always do this correctly, we had a problem where the target disk had [a] bad block[s]. So we rebuilt the filesystem with a check, and used "cp -a", worked beautifully.

Zeen,
--

-Adam P.

Welcome to the best software in the world today cafe! <http://lyre.mit.edu/%7Epowell/The_Best_Stuff_In_The_World_Today_Cafe.ogg>