Re: TinaWatch, a cluster monitoring program

Junichi Uekawa <dancer@netfort.gr.jp> writes:

> On Mon, 10 Dec 2001 02:41:36 +0100
> Heiko Bauke <Heiko.Bauke@Student.Uni-Magdeburg.DE> wrote:
>
> > the cluster monitoring programs I found in the net could not
> > fulfill my needs so I wrote my own. It's a dirty hack but perhaps
> > useful for somebody else.
>
> It's very interesting.
> It looks strikingly similar to my own project, dmachinemon

And similar to Big Brother (http://bb4.com/).

And similar to PCP (http://oss.sgi.com/projects/pcp/).

And similar to a hack I used to use (a cronjob that fished useful
entries out of sar/vmstat, df, and uptime every 15 minutes and then
used syslog to transport them to a master loghost).

And similar to several other open and closed source monitoring tools.

Much like window managers, everybody has a favorite....  :-)

--

/*  Dale Southard Jr.  dsouth@llnl.gov  925-422-1463, fax 422-9429  */
/*  Computer Scientist, Accelerated Strategic Computing Initiative  */