Re: correct hardware and software configuration

Le mercredi  7 novembre 2001 14:44 +0100, Pavel Jurus écrivait:
> Hello,

Hi,

> I have small cluster of one 1400 AMD Athlon/512 MB RAM master, and
> four diskless nodes which are also 1400 AMD Athlon/512 MB RAM.
>
> I have problems with segmentation faults and almost unreproducable
> errors during computations and even with kernel oopses. I'm trying
> hard to figure out whether it is hardware problem or bad kernel.

Maybe you could try the program memtest86 in the hwtools package. This
is a memory exercizer. From what I remember, you have to make a floppy
with the right executable and boot from it. It then tests the memory.
If you have problems with your CPU or memory, I guess it should find
errors...

Just my 2cts

--
Alexandre Vitrac