the benifits

I was thinking, if you were to have 2 100 MHZ computers, would it
perform just as good as a 200 MHZ, or is there performance increase due
to having multiple processors?  On a large scale, would it be worth
having 200 100 MHZ computers, or would I just be wasting floor space and
should get a better processor to use in a cluster?
I have not put together any clusters before, but I was just wondering if
people have thought about this and tested it.
Thanks,
Matt