Re: PETSc Debian package switch to lam?

Adam C Powell IV <hazelsct@mit.edu> immo vero scripsit

Hello,

> Also, since we're largely an x86 community, and Linux has only recently
> started to scale to larger SMP machines, I imagine most Debian PETSc
> users are of the Beowulf variety, with relatively inexpensive
> networking, i.e. not myrinet.

Myrinet is coming very rapidly, and I think myrinet should be considered.
Well, that's my personal impression. (We have a cluster with
myrinet here).

And I think mpich has less requirements before setting up (requires only rsh).

Just some counter-proposals which come up to my mind.

>     apt-get source petsc
>     cd petsc-2.1.0
>     debian/rules PETSC_MPI=mpich binary

I guess you should use the
DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=mpich

thing.

I would probably like to have both versions in Debian anyway,
but that is my opinion...

regards,
	junichi

--