Re: mpich trouble in testing?

In Fri, 19 Jan 2001 10:22:43 -0500 Adam C Powell IV <hazelsct@mit.edu> cum veritate scripsit :

Hi,

> I upgraded our four alphas to testing, with mpich 1.2.1-1, and rebuilt
> PETSc and an application linked to it, but am having some trouble.  When
> I do "mpirun -np 1 ./ex9", it's fine, but with -np 2, it sits for a
> while, then says, "ALF.MIT.EDU: Connection refused".
>
> ALF.MIT.EDU has nothing to do with anything in
> /etc/mpich/machines.LINUX, it's in a completely different subnet!
>
> Note that this was working just fine on the potato mpich...  Any ideas?

Wow, mpich has changed the handling of conffiles.

Yes, this is a bug in mpich 1.2.1-1, I'll upload a fixed version.

For a workaround (or rather, the FIX), I'd suggest making
/usr/lib/mpich/share/machines.LINUX_ALPHA a symlink to /etc/mpich/machines.LINUX

Thanks for noting this...

regards,
	junichi

--