Parallel Programming languages

Hi,

I would like to get some knowledge about parallel computing and so I
started to read some general books about it, but I don't know if the
books I could get are quite up to date. So my question is which are the
common ways for parallel programming today and where I can get good
documentation or maybe a tutorial.

Since I don't have access to a cluster now, I also would like to know if
there is something to simulate a parallel computer or a cluster on a
single processor machine (I'm running Debian Linux - Potato).

Thanks,

Andreas Fromm
afromm@email.compon