Parallel::Pvm: is there anything actually using it? Is it useable?

Hi.

I just packaged Parallel::Pvm as libparallel-pvm-perl, since I
wanted to try out PVM, don't know C and never packaged a Perl
module before, so I wanted to try it.

Now, looking for some examples, I couldn't find much except
usenet posts about grave bugs in versions 1.0 and 1.1 (current
is 1.2). Has anybody actually used it? Does it only look that
ugly (compared to other *.pms)? Does it work?

One of the things I want to do is writing a task manager for
pvmpovray that can add nodes to a running render session, do you
think that's possible as a first project? (Well, I'd write the
usual prime searching stuff before as warm up.)

ciao, 2ri, not going to be here the next two weeks.
--
Windows95: 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit
patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit