Organizations of directories...

Hi to everyone :) My question may be old, but I would like to express my
disappointment with the current organization of the dirs of installation of the
deb package (beo packages). I want to export all and only the beo-packages
installed on my master system to a node, without exporting anything else.
However every thing is installed by default in /usr/bin, /usr/lib etc. So I can
only export all my system. I've thinked of installing beowulf related packages
using a different root path for the packages, but then I would have to mix in
some way (symlinks?) the /usr/bin on the node and the /usr/bin imported for
example (this would be a joke on distributed systems like Plan 9 or Inferno...
however this is what I've).
 I think that the FSHS is the main reason for this organization, but don't you
think that separating all the beowulf material in a dir like /beowulf (for
example) would be VERY NICE, USEFUL AND VERY SIMPLE?
 For the moment I resolved (?!), for my home installation, simply (!?) by
downloading the new sources libs and progs, recompiling if not already binary
and installing! But where is the advantage of having already available packaged
the same software (YOUR WORK!). In my situation it doesn't helped, sorry. And
moreover I think that this organization doesn't help in any of the beowulf
cluster I think to install. Next months I think to build such a system, but
when I would install the libs I think I would return to my home solution!
There's more to say about that argument (that of installation on clusters...),
but for the moment I think I've written too much :) Don't you think? Sorry for
this long message... discard if you like... But it would be useful if all
debian users could benefit from debian packages. I cannot.
Bye,

PS:
 however I find your work very good, I'm following the variuos thread and I'm
also learning a lot from your messages. I'm not an experienced beowulf cluster
programmer, and many libs that you talk about are relatively new to me...
Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.
      Albert Einstein
Marco Mililotti
email: mililmar@lucy.dii.unisi.it
web  : http://www.dadacasa.com/yah/