Re: Building a beowuld using debian

> I have started building a Debian Beowulf cluster. However, I am not sure
> of the optimal file structure on the nodes, of appropriate boot methods,
> and of the required software. Any assistance or pointers to appropriate
> resources would be appreciated

I'm currently working on a version myself... here's what I'm planning on
doing:

Node0:
Operates as a firewall for the cluster. Runs a BootP/DHCP server, so that
the nodes can be remote/diskless boot (working on this right now. We have
one running PXE and Redhat, this is one I'm testing). Has MPICH debs
installed.

Nodex:
Node. DHCP/BootP (working on this right now).
MPICH installed.

Anyone have any critique of this implementation?
~Warren