Re: MPICH 1.2 performance

Greetings!

Junichi Uekawa <dancer@netfort.gr.jp> writes:

> I haven't yet looked into LAM.
> Does it work as expected, including update-alternatives ?
> # i.e. should mpich provide "mpi" ?

Yes, it should.  Mark and I originally spent some considerable effort
trying to make the mpi on Debian as implementation independent as
possible.  If anyone has occasion to do so in the course of their
work, I encourage them to test the mpi switching on Debian and report
back problems here.  Of course, LAM and MPICH are source, not binary,
compatible, alas, so a recompile is required.

Take care,