Re: Deb packages...(a bit old :))

Thank you for your reply of 16 october. I'm reading your reply only now
(and via web!).
Well, the main reason because I think it would be better to separate
things (so, in /usr/local/beowulf one could found libs only of beo
cluster..) is that you can export an entire filesystem to others machine,
creating and managing only a configuration in a network. If you have 20+
machine in the cluster, installing in /usr you have to choose:
- you export /usr (very net intensive)
- you install separately the libs in every machine... (very human
intensive)

It's true that if you want to optimize things you have to choose the
second option... but, for what I've seen, in many situations one would
prefer to install the beo sw on only one machine, minimizing the network
load... so you need a special dir in which put only special libs :))

Maybe I'm wrong... but this solution has worked very well for me and
others.

However things are done for Debian... if the packages are ready!

This was only a simple reply to your question

Thank you.
Bye

-- Marco Mililotti