Re: Possible to get a ddclient backport on bullseye to support Cloudflare API?

On Thu, Feb 02, 2023 at 11:12:36PM -0500, Richard Hansen wrote:
> On 2023-02-02T05:58-0500, Sven Hoexter wrote:
> > On Sat, Jan 28, 2023 at 05:12:27PM -0500, Michael A. Nunes wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > ddclient (https://github.com/ddclient/ddclient) has started
> > > supporting the Cloudflare API since 5/2022, however the package on
> > > bullseye is still using a version from 1/2020. Is there any chance
> > > we can get a backport of the latest official release off ddclient?
> >
> > Right now it has an open bug which is preventing migration of 3.10 to
> > testing, and thus an upload to backports.
> > https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1028849
> >
> > Richard, do you need a sponsor for the upload or is there some other
> > reason holding you back from getting that fixed?
>
> I need a sponsor to upload 3.10.0-2.  I emailed my usual sponsor a couple of
> times over the past couple of weeks but haven't heard back. Sven, would you
> mind uploading it for me?

Uploaded. :)

Michael, I'd recommend to just pick this single package from unstable
after the next push to the mirrors. Except for convenience to have it
in the backports repo, there is not really a need to have it uploaded here.
All depedencies are available in bullseye and the package is arch all.

Sven