Re: Binary upload required, messed it up.

Alec Leamas <leamas.alec@gmail.com> writes:

> On 21/06/2023 11:16, Alec Leamas wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to maintain the opencpn package. Last release missed the
>> freeze, so I need to get it into the bullseye-backports and
>> bookworm-backports list.

A package currently in testing/trixie?  That will need to go into
bullseye-backports-sloppy, not bullseye-backports.

>> - What is happening to my uploads to bookworm-backports? Does this
>> branch actually exist today? It is obviously missing in a lot of places.

Alexander Wirt's addressed this, on list, minutes after your email.

> No. I actually get a "ACL dm: NEW uploads are not allowed" REJECT
> message. What does this mean? That I need help to get my package
> uploaded and/or updating my DM permissions somehow?
>
>> Anyone who can shed some light on this?

I seem to remember that uploading a NEW package to backports is just
like uploading a NEW package to the normal ftp-master queue.  Also, I
seem to remember that DMs need to ask for the backports ACL for every
stable-backports release.  Is this still the case?

Regards,
Nicholas