Re: wpasupplicant: dependencies issues

Hi,

在 2022-05-09星期一的 16:54 +0200,Domenico Cufalo写道:
> Dear Developers,
> upgrading wpasupplicant to Bullseye Backports would remove essential Gnome
> packages:
>
> # apt install -t bullseye-backports wpasupplicant
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree... Done
> Reading state information... Done
> The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer
> required:
>   dnsmasq-base iptables libip6tc2 libndp0 libnetfilter-conntrack3
>   libnfnetlink0 libteamdctl0 mobile-broadband-provider-info
> Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove them.
> Suggested packages:
>   wpagui libengine-pkcs11-openssl
> The following packages will be REMOVED:
>   gnome network-manager network-manager-gnome
>   wpasupplicant
> 1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 3 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
> Need to get 1462 kB of archives.
> After this operation, 20.6 MB disk space will be freed.
> Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
>
> I have no need to update that package, but just wanted to report the
> problem.

Forwarding your issue to the actual package maintainer and backport
uploader.

See the following error output:

% sudo apt install wpasupplicant='2:2.10-8~bpo11+1' gnome network-manager-
gnome='1.20.0-3'
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 wpasupplicant : Breaks: network-manager (< 1.36.4-2~) but 1.30.0-2 is to be
installed

Thanks,
Boyuan Yang