Re: apache2 2.4.51-1 also for buster-backports?
On Mon, 18 Oct 2021 at 12:13:28 +0200, Yadd wrote:
> Le 18/10/2021 à 12:01, Alexander Wirt a écrit :
> >> Am 18.10.2021 um 11:50 schrieb Yadd <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> >> buster-backports branch is closed, you need to add
> >> buster-backports-sloppy in your sources to have apache2 2.4.51
> > Sorry, that is not true. You can still upload packages from stable to oldstable backports.
> Thanks, then what is the benefit of buster-backports-sloppy ?
-sloppy backports skip a release, so you can backport from testing into
oldstable-backports-sloppy if you want to.
For example, consider Flatpak:
* buster: 1.2.x
* bullseye: 1.10.x
* bookworm: 1.12.x
Ordinary backports go one version back:
* stretch-backports (now closed): 1.2.x from buster
* buster-backports: 1.10.x from bullseye
* bullseye-backports: 1.12.x from bookworm
I don't maintain -sloppy backports, but if I did, they would go two
* stretch-backports-sloppy (now closed): 1.10.x from bullseye
* buster-backports-sloppy: 1.12.x from bookworm