Re: autopkgtesting of backports

On Tue, Aug 24, 2021 at 6:04 PM Paul Gevers <elbrus@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Recently I realized that we could be using the ci.d.n infrastructure to
> run autopkgtests for uploads to the backports archive (similar to what
> we do for proposed-updates and oldstable-proposed-updates). Would there

Sure, it'll be useful to improve quality for packages from backports.
And please also include fasttrack [1] if possible.

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/FastTrack

> be interest in such a service? As backports is "live" immediately, this
> won't be gating for our users (yet), so it would require humans to check
> the results (for now, but e-mail notifications would be a simple
> follow-up if somebody wants to pick that up).

For the 1st time upload, and for some other reason, the backports
package needs to go through NEW or policy queue, so I think it's
valuable to show the CI result there [2].

[2] https://ftp-master.debian.org/backports-new.html

Cheers,
Roger