Re: opendjk-11 update stuck in policy queue

Hi,

> >> I've uploaded an update of openjdk-11 for stretch-backport in February
> >> but it is still in the policy queue. Is there an issue with the upload?
> > old-stable backports is in general not supported anymore, since stable
> > isn't supported anymore.
> >

> s/\ stable/\ old-stable/? ;-)
Sure.

> > We just failed in providing an announcement.
>
> On this topic, why not declare a roadplan for buster-backports in
> Bullseye's release notes?  Personally I think it would be nice to keep
> it alive for some period (>= six months?) post-bullseye release to not
> rush sysadmins who take time to validate upgrades of stable releases
> before putting them into production.
We don't need a plan, we have a policy. Old-Stable backports is
supported as its officially supported by Debian (which is 1 year after
the next release). LTS is an "external" approach. And the backports
maintainer decided a few years ago to not support it.

Alex