Re: Metapackage for latest backports kernel?

On Tue, 8 Jun 2021, Cyril Brulebois wrote:

> > Nice idea. It’ll explode once there are multiple packages
> > matching that query though.
>
> Sure, that was just a PoC, not a bullet-proof solution. It's not like
> sorting versions, and picking the highest one (linux-image-amd64=$v)
> should be particularly hard.

I *think* apt-cache show sorts. I’ve only observed it to, but am
not sure if it’s guaranteed.

> > (Also, it depends awfully on GNU regex vendor lock-in… though that’s
> > not tragic given this applies to Debian only anyway.)
>
> (Now I regret sparing you a Perl snippet instead. :p)

*shudder* ☻ though sed -E should do, or two -e instead
of the alternate. I just cringe all the time I see someone
publicly using a GNUism (being a BSD developer)…

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Infrastrukturexperte • tarent solutions GmbH
Am Dickobskreuz 10, D-53121 Bonn • http://www.tarent.de/

Mit dem tarent-Newsletter nichts mehr verpassen: www.tarent.de/newsletter