Re: Metapackage for latest backports kernel?

Thorsten Glaser <t.glaser@tarent.de> (2021-06-08):
> On Tue, 8 Jun 2021, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
>
> >     kibi@hamburg:~$ apt-cache show linux-image-amd64/buster-backports | sed 's/\(linux-\(image\|signed\)-amd64\).*/\1-backports-via-equivs/' > control && equivs-build control
>
> Nice idea. It’ll explode once there are multiple packages
> matching that query though.

Sure, that was just a PoC, not a bullet-proof solution. It's not like
sorting versions, and picking the highest one (linux-image-amd64=$v)
should be particularly hard.

> (Also, it depends awfully on GNU regex vendor lock-in… though that’s
> not tragic given this applies to Debian only anyway.)

(Now I regret sparing you a Perl snippet instead. :p)

Cheers,