Re: Accepted debhelper 13.3.1~bpo10+1 (source) into buster-backports - Not upgrading

On Sun, 2021-01-10 at 01:57 +0100, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Dixi quod…
>
> > On Sat, 9 Jan 2021, Philip Wyett wrote:
> >
> > > philwyett@ks-kenobi:$ sudo apt upgrade
> 				   ^^^^^^^
> > > [sudo] password for philwyett:
> > > Reading package lists... Done
> > > Building dependency tree
> > > Reading state information... Done
> > > Calculating upgrade... Done
> > > The following packages have been kept back:
> > >   libdebhelper-perl
>
> Oh my, you just might have missed the memo that “upgrade” is
> only for when dist-upgrade fails or you need to keep the set
> of installed packages identical.
>
> I guess it has an added dependency, in which case…
> 	sudo apt-get upgrade --with-new-pkgs
> … will upgrade it, but “dist-upgrade” is normally the way to go.
>
> bye,
> //mirabilos

Hi,

Neither of the above work.

To fix the issue was to manually install 'dwz' from backports and then
the upgrade went fine.

Regards

Phil

--
*** Playing the game for the games own sake. ***

WWW: https://kathenas.org

Twitter: @kathenasorg

IRC: kathenas

GPG: 724AA9B52F024C8B