Re: LLVM 10 backported

Hi Berillions,

On 10/25/20 11:04 AM, Berillions wrote:
> I'm going to backport LLVM 10 from Testing (10.0.1-6) to buster.
> Currently, only the amd64 packages are built, i386 are on the way.
You don't need to build the individual architectures, the buildds do
that for you (for all architectures supported by the package, so even
beyond i386 and amd64).

> The question is :
> When amd64/i386 packages are completely built, how and where i can
> upload the .deb ?

You need to be either a Debian Developer or Debian Maintainer and get
added to the ACL to upload, or you need to ask mentors.debian.net for
sponsorship of the packages. This page has more details:

  https://backports.debian.org/Contribute/

> PS : I backport LLVM to backport Mesa in the near future.

LLVM and Mesa are both non-trivial packages, have you checked with their
respective Maintainers what their opinion is on backporting them? For
example, they might warn you of some incompatibility or breakage that
you are not yet familiar with.

On the other hand, if they approve of this idea, and you need a sponsor,
they might just be the right people to ask :-)

Best,
Christian