OpenSSH buster-backport with libfido2 support

Hi Colin, hi all,
(customer, see below, is in Bcc:)

a customer of mine is interested in a Debian backport of OpenSSH and libfido2 from bullseye to Debian buster(-backports). The customer is ready to cover the costs for bpo-maintenance over the full buster-backports release cycle period, and thus, the required package updates in buster-bpo on the way.

I'd like to follow the Debian development flow of the openssh and libfido2 packages when doing this (i.e. maintaining the uploaded bpo packages on a Git branch), if ok on your side. I might need Git repo access for both projects for easily doing this.

@Colin: as the main uploader of openssh et al. in Debian. Would you be ok with this?

Does anyone else here have concerns, a red flag or a veto/dont-do regarding this endeavour?

light+love,
Mike
--

mike gabriel aka sunweaver (Debian Developer)
mobile: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31
mail: sunweaver@debian.org, http://sunweavers.net