Re: Installation of Redmine backports needs additional dependency

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 12:56:42PM +0100, Mechtilde Stehmann wrote:
> Am 26.03.20 um 12:28 schrieb Geert Stappers:
> > On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 12:06:22PM +0100, Mechtilde Stehmann wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I want to install redmine at a privat server (debian-Buster)
> >>
> >> So I choose the package fro buster-backports. to install it I use
> >>
> >> apt -t buster-backports install redmine.
> >>
> >> At the end I get the message:
> >>
> >> redmine is configures (4.0.4-3~bpo10+1)
> >>
> >> Bundler could not find compatible versons for gem "roadie":
> >>   In Gemfile:
> >>     roadie-rails (~> 1.3) was resolved to 1.3.0, which depends on
> >>       roadie (~>3.2)
> >> Could not find gem 'roadie (~> 3.1)', which is required by gem
> >> 'roadie-rails (~> 1.3)', in any of the sources.
> >>
> >> I installed:
> >> ruby-roadie        4.0.0-1~bpo10+1
> >> ruby-roadie-rails  1.3.0-1
> >

> > OK  and did that solve what usualy is solved by package dependency?
> >
> > Or was the additional install not enough?
> >

> > In other words: I have seen the message from my fellow DD
> > but I can't tell what a proper follow-up should be ...
> >
> Hello Geert,

Hi Mechtilde,

> I tried to install them again but get the same error message.
>
> So the configuration of redmine breaks

Now I understand what the original message is about.

For a regular Debian package is the way to go  filing a bugreport.
For backports Debian package maybe also. I don't know by heart.

What I can do for you now have I done, acknowledging your report.

Regards
Geert Stappers
--
Silence is hard to parse