Re: Newer Meson backports for stretch/buster?

Hi Matt,

在 2020-03-15星期日的 15:25 -0700,Matt Turner写道:
> On Sat, Mar 14, 2020 at 1:45 AM Martin Pitt <mpitt@debian.org> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Boyuan Yang [2020-03-13 14:58 -0400]:
> > > I think Martin is working on it. Maybe we can expect some process in the
> > > near
> > > future.
> >
> > Yes, as I said last time, I did upload meson to buster-backports, it's
> > been
> > sitting in NEW for a few days:
> > https://ftp-master.debian.org/backports-new.html
>
> Thank you very much, Martin!
>
> Could you also backport it to stretch?

Although not completely impossible, I think it would be somehow difficult
because Debian 9 ("Stretch") will reach EOL (End-Of-Life) this year in 2020,
according to https://wiki.debian.org/DebianReleases. When it reaches the EOL,
both stretch-backports and stretch-backports-sloppy repository will be closed
and no longer maintained. Long Term Support (LTS) is not supported by the
Backports team.

Since Debian 10 ("Buster") already has meson 0.52, can you help to forward the
discussion happened at
https://lists.debian.org/debian-backports/2020/03/threads.html to Wayland/GTK
upstream and ask them to feel free to raise the bar of Meson requirement (to
at least 0.52)? From the Debian side, we sincerely do not want to block the
development of upstream projects.

--
Regards,
Boyuan Yang