Re: Newer Meson backports for stretch/buster?

Hi Matt,

在 2020-03-13星期五的 11:10 -0700,Matt Turner写道:
> On Sat, Mar 7, 2020 at 1:44 PM Matt Turner <mattst88@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Wayland (and GTK, so I've heard) are blocked from requiring Meson
> > newer than 0.49 since that is the latest available in stretch and
> > buster.
> >
> > Would someone be willing to backport a newer Meson version to stretch
> > and buster?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Matt
>
> Anyone want to help make Debian not limit upstream projects...?

I re-read your email and found it a little bit confusing. If Wayland and GTK
upstream are explicitly not using newer meson **because** Debian stretch and
buster does not have newer meson, please do me a favor and tell them to go
ahead and use the features provided by newer meson, do not get limited by
Debian's version decision.

Pushing new meson in stretch-backports-sloppy or buster-backports *is*
possible, but this won't help in changing the default meson version provided
by the main repo of Stretch/Buster since the backports repository is not
enabled by default.

Please let me know if I understood your concern correctly.

--
Thanks,
Boyuan Yang