Please enable applespi driver in backported kernel packages

Dear all

Our users need support for newer MacBook keyboards and touchpads. Therefore we packaged the macbook12-spi-driver from here: https://github.com/roadrunner2/macbook12-spi-driver

Starting with Linux kernel v5.3 this driver is included upstream. So we integrated the Linux packages v5.3 from the Debian backports and removed our own macbook driver package. Unfortunately, the macbook keyboards and touchpads then stopped working. After some research we found out that the reason for that is that CONFIG_KEYBOARD_APPLESPI=m is not enabled in the Debian kernel packages. This was already reported in October (see https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=943337).

Could you please fix this issue and provide an updated/fixed backport of the kernel packages?

Thank you very much for your hard work!

Best regards

Ronny

--