Backport for libknet1 or stable-update

Hello,

There have been some significant fixes implemented between the buster and bullseye versions of libknet1

https://packages.debian.org/bullseye/libknet1

(Kronosnet is the new corosync communication protocol for HA clustering. The version in Buster suffers from dropped connections and segfaults when there is moderate network load.)

There is an extensive discussion about the issue on the Proxmox forum:
https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/pve-5-4-11-corosync-3-x-major-issues.56124/

...but I'm not aware of any current Debian bugs regarding this issue.

Would it be appropriate to request a new backport of this version of the library to buster-backports, or is there some other mechanism by which it could be made available to stable-updates? I understand that backports is only supposed to be used for new features, rather than fixes, so I'm simply enquiring what the best method of getting this update into buster.

Many thanks,
Ben