Re: conditional d/rules resulting in different features b/t buster & stretch-backports?

Hello,

>"Do not make any changes to the packaging unrelated to backporting.
>  Keep the diff between the testing and the backports versions as
>  minimal as possible."

while I agree on this, I raise a different approach:
since libzstd is already in backports, and backports are used for new features, what about backporting a
new libzstd and then no-change backport btrfs?
I think users might like the new zstd features?

G.