Re: Proposal: Repository for fast-paced package backports

Hi all,

I like the idea of having a volatile archive and I agree with
almost all what Dominik wrote about the motivation.

I would, however, completely separate it from backports. I.e.

 - separate NEW queue
 - different suffix
 - no need to keep a volatile package out of testing

Why?

 - volatile is a different beast from backports, this should be
   very clear to both package maintainers and our users
 - in volatile we can give less guarantees about future
   upgradability than backport provides
 - volatile must not put any burden on the backports team, which
   e.g. a common NEW queue would probably impose

Just my 6¢, Cheers