Re: Request to fast track gitlab dependencies

Also go read the description of the ftp-master delegation that, albait I acknowledge its not about backports, state that the team ultimately decide on what is good to be in the archive.
So yes, ftp-master deciding that a package is not wanted in the archive whatever reason they can think of is well within their powers.

On Fri, 21 Dec 2018, 7:49 p.m. Dominik George <natureshadow@debian.org wrote:
>Lets make a deal: find at least 2, better three other experienced
>uploaders
>that state publically that the take responsibility over those backports
>for
>the lifetime of stretch-bpo. If you manage to do this I would be
>willing to
>accept the backport(s) (given that they are in testing).

Uh... While it is good to raise concerns, are you sure that in Debian, there is any grounds for an ftp-master ultimately rejecting a package due to personal concerns?

Any uploading DD is allowed to upload whatever they want (if they abide by the policy, DFSG and related rules), personal concerns are raised by the community and the AM before a DD gets their account, and I find it very dangerous and disturbing that an ftp-master should in any way judge the person uploading or propose such an idea.

-nik