Re: announcing backport script designed to reduce potential human errors

On Mon, 22 Oct 2018, Nicholas D Steeves wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure if a something like this is worth including in
> devscripts, but I found that it wasn't fun to worry about all the
> potential mistakes one could make when building formal backports, so
> I've been using a script to prevent errors such as:
>
> * building a backport on the wrong branch (lintian catches bad
>   changelog entries)
> * building a backport in the wrong chroot/schroot/LXC or with the wrong
>   pbuilder tarball
This would also get catched if people would properly test their backports.
What I don't want to see is that people use those scripts and "forget" to
test the backport afterwards. On ther other what I would like to are automatic
installation tests in a clean chroot/docker/$whatever.

just my 2 cent
Alex