Re: openjdk-11, please?

Hello Harri,

Am 18.10.18 um 07:46 schrieb Harald Dunkel:
> Hi folks,
>
> google told me
>
>     No results found for site:lists.debian.org "openjdk-11" backport
>
> so I wonder if such a backport could be added? Due to Oracle's license
> change I would like to avoid the proprietary package on my Debian 9
> hosts.

Why do you need a backport of OpenJDK 11 for Stretch? OpenJDK 8 is fully
supported and works perfectly. We haven't even switched to OpenJDK 11 as
the default-jre in Sid. OpenJDK 11 would break a lot of packages at
runtime and even more packages would fail to build from source. I don't
think it would be really useful for most of our stable users and if you
are interested in bleeding edge Java software then you are better served
by using testing or sid.

Regards,

Markus