Re: PHP 7.2 support in backports

On Tue, Oct 09, 2018 at 04:45:01PM +0200, Rhonda D'Vine wrote:
>  So from the backports team point of view, your site is for sure the far
> better place because it can offer more than what would be possible
> through the backports service.

OTOH for *users* I think it's better to be able to use backports.org as it
has better guarantees to be available in the future, is mirrored in more
places and doesn't require one to add another repo key to apt (which
then can be used to install any package, should Ondřej be coerced into
evil things).

And I'm saying this while I trust Ondřej, am very thankful for his work,
for providing the repo he is providing (which I'm also using for a
customer of mine..!) and while I have no reason to assume he is coerced
into anything.

So my main point here is: while Ondřej's repo is extremly useful and
while the backports admin surely have a different POV than backports
users, from a users perspective having things on backports.org is
usually much better than having to fetch things from yet another repo.

If one doesnt need php 7.2 on stretch... :)

--
cheers,
	Holger