Re: PHP 7.2 support in backports

   Hey,

 dear Ondrej, pretty please fix my name in your addressbook, it doesn't
match reality anymore since a few years now.

 Right, I can see why.  The core of that message is still part of our
rules.  I would assume php 7.2 would get removed from buster and only
7.3 shipped?  So it would mean only the php7.3 one would make sense to
get into stretch-backports.

 But as you say (and I also did to anyone asking): The packages on your
own site are as official as it can get anyways, because you are the
person maintaining the packages within Debian, and you can offer very
much more on your infrastructure than what you can offer within Debian.
You even offer php5.6 in there for people who weren't able to switch
yet.

 So from the backports team point of view, your site is for sure the far
better place because it can offer more than what would be possible
through the backports service.  We just need to get the information out
properly that it's in no way less official than when it would be within
the backports archive.  You are the very person who does the packages
for the regular Debian pool.  So why are people so reluctant to use your
site, I don't get that. :)

 Frankly spoken, it puzzled me a bit that you didn't right out mention
your site in that bugreport.  That would be the ideal place to get that
information out.

 All the best to you and your effort!  I'm still astonished by all the
energy you are able to put into that.

 Enjoy,
Rhonda

* Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org> [2018-10-09 14:22:51 CEST]: