Re: Need sponsor for s3ql upload to stretch-backports

On Jun 16 2018, Mattia Rizzolo <mattia@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 16, 2018 at 11:11:47AM +0100, Nikolaus Rath wrote:
>> Could someone sponsor the initial upload of S3QL to stretch-backports? I
>> am DM with upload rights for this package, but the package hasn't been
>> in this suite before.
>
> I can, but before doing so I'd like you to confirm you are in the
> backports ACL and you know of the backports rules as written in the bpo
> website.

Yes, I'm in the ACL and I'm aware of the rules and intend to follow
them.

>> s3ql in jessie-backports was well received, and the s3ql package in
>> stretch has a security bug that will not be fixed in stable for
>> backwards compatibility reasons. Providing a backport would be nice
>> for those who are able to upgrade.
>
> Case in point: s3ql in jessie-backpors is not up to date with the
> stretch version, that's why I'm asking the above...

I don't follow. jessie-backports has 2.21+dfsg-1~bpo8+1, stretch has
2.21+dfsg-3:

https://packages.debian.org/stretch/s3ql
https://packages.debian.org/jessie-backports/s3ql

>> Package is at https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/applications/s3ql/,
>> branch "stretch-backports". I myself would upload with:
>>
>> $ git clone git@salsa.debian.org:python-team/applications/s3ql.git
>> $ cd s3ql
>> $ git checkout stretch-backports
>> $ dgit --dpm --clean=git build-source
>> $ dgit --dpm --clean=git push --new
>
> unrealted, but PAPT never ever used git-dpm (and now also both papt and
> dpmt use gbp).

Oh, thanks for mentioning that. I thought that the change was discussed
but a migration still pending. Guess I missed an announcement...

> And you mention dgit because you use it?

Yes. That's just my personal workflow, I'm happy for this to be uploaded
using whatever tools you prefer :-).

Best,
-Nikolaus

--
GPG Fingerprint: ED31 791B 2C5C 1613 AF38 8B8A D113 FCAC 3C4E 599F