Re: backporting Litecoin [not-in-testing]

On Monday, 4 June 2018 4:01:27 PM AEST Alexander Wirt wrote:
> When its not ready for stable, its not ready for backports. All those
> reasons against stable apply to backports too.

You are wrong. Backports is for something that you could use on "stable" but
can't because it is not in "stable". Notably we use backports for newer
versions of software but it would be silly to say that older version of that
software must already be in "stable".

Clearly this particular reason against stable doe not apply to backports
because backports can be updated at any time when necessary. And it is great
that we can use backports when we need to bypass normal stable release cycle
- that's precisely what backports are for.

--
Cheers,
 Dmitry Smirnov.

---

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and
wrong.
        -- H. L. Mencken