Re: postfix stretch-backport

Hi,

I now uploaded to https://www.heutger.net/backports/ and tried to create a wiki account, but got " Account creation failed: To prevent spam, this wiki requires additional information from some people. Please contact wiki@debian.org and describe what you want to do in the wiki...", so I try to get that sorted out now.

I pagemonitored the postfix side of Debian Buster to get informed of new testing releases of Postfix 3.3 as this should be somehow as stable as possible.

Regards,
Christian

Am 30.05.18, 07:43 schrieb "Carsten Schoenert" <c.schoenert@t-online.de>:

    Hello Christian,

    Am 29.05.2018 um 23:19 schrieb Alexander Wirt:
    > On Tue, 29 May 2018, Christian Heutger wrote:
    >
    >> I'm sorry, that I'm not experienced. But I'm also unsure on what
    >> needs to be done as backports maintainer. Building the backport
    >> with the explanation was really simple, it's running without any
    >> problems since days. If it's just to have a view on upcoming new
    >> packages and rebuilt them to upload again on the backports
    >> repository, I'm fine with.
    >> its about supporting that package for several years. And if there are
    > problems, we expect that you can solve them. And the first step would be get
    > a maintainer of a package in unstable.

    if you have some webspace you could provide all the files (.dsc,
    .debian.tar.xz, a README file ...) about that backport on your side and
    add a section to (Debian) wiki site of postfix to provide your backport
    as an *not* official backport.

    I guess you will probably become same feedback from possible users.

    It's easy to remove the linking from the wiki site once you can not
    satisfy some QS things anymore. This all is also some kind of
    contributing to Debian, thanks for sharing your intention and minds with us!

    --
    Regards
    Carsten Schoenert