Re: Thunar 1.6.15

在 2018年5月23日星期三 CST 上午4:25:24,Kolmar Kafran 写道:
> Dear backport team,
>
> I know XFCE doesn't get much attention for backport but I would like
> to ask for a Thunar backport as the Thunar version in Stretch has a
> few bugs.
> As XFCE is preparing its transition to XFCE 4.14 on GTK3, the Thunar
> code has received some attention and a lot of bugs were fixed since
> the Thunar version on Stable.
> Thank you very much.

Please note again that the stable-backports repository is never the right
place to fix bugs in Debian Stable. The backports repository is only meant to
bring new upstream releases back to users who explicitly enables backports
repo and installed the backported version manually.

Helping fixing thunar bugs in Debian Stable is highly appreciated and
encouraged, but that does not happen on the backports side. Please file bugs
fixed by upstream on a case-by-case basis against thunar package in Debian
(using Debian's BTS system, with correct thunar version mentioned; ideally
also with the upstream bug record or even upstream VCS commit URL) to contact
thunar's maintainers in Debian. Please persuade them to update thunar in
Debian Stable using Debian's proposed-updates mechanism so that the bug could
be fixed for all and every Debian Stable users. You may reference this email
for them in case they need some background information.

I hope those explanations could help you in dealing with thunar bugs in
Debian.

--
Regards,
Boyuan Yang