Re: Why does apt-get upgrade want to remove half of my packages?

On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 2:08 AM, Alexander Wirt <formorer@formorer.de> wrote:

> * why should I install specific backports instead of all that are available?
They are not tested together and probably not compatible together (as seen
here)

I understand that this is a complex issue, but this recommendation is still really problematic; it's very common to want to install multiple backports (even if not all), but this implies that it's only ever safe to install a single backport on a given system.