Re: libvirt-daemon: bridged nets:Cannot get interface MAC on 'vnet%d' for second vm/adapter

On 06/05/2018 21:12, Ben Hutchings wrote:
On Fri, 2018-05-04 at 03:08 +0200, Jakob Bohm wrote:
Package: libvirt-daemon
Version: 3.0.0-4+deb9u2~bpo8+1
Severity: important

NOTICE: This is for regular bridged networks, not the SR-IOV kind that
had a similar looking issue on Redhat systems sometime before 3.9.0.?

After upgrading from 3.0.0-4~bpo8+1 to 3.0.0-4+deb9u2~bpo8+1 starting
most VMs fail to start with the following error (as reported in
libvirtd.log):

   error : virNetDevSetMAC:248 : Cannot get interface MAC on 'vnet%d': No
   such device
[...]

I think this is kernel bug #897427.

Ben.

Looks weirdly similar, except that multiple tap devices work fine
when using qemu outside libvirt.

Also, libvirt outputs the same error message from the command
"virsh domxml-to-native qemu-argv example.xml", which isn't
supposed to affect the system in any way (such as telling the
kernel to configure tap devices).

But I will try with a kernel downgrade, although I would still
like a way to try the old libvirt backport too.

Enjoy

Jakob
--
Jakob Bohm, CIO, Partner, WiseMo A/S.  http://www.wisemo.com
Transformervej 29, 2860 Soborg, Denmark.  Direct +45 31 13 16 10