Re: gitlab for stretch-backports - call for testing

On May 2, 2018 8:16:49 PM GMT+05:30, "Gunter Königsmann" <gunter@peterpall.de> wrote:

>> More than a 100 node module packages are stuck in NEW for over 5-7
>> months and not sure how to get it back in main. If you'd like to
>help,
>> please volunteer with ftp team and help process the node modules.
>>
>If security is at stake and not knowing too much about running and
>backporting gitlab: AFAIK there a way to update the version shipped
>with
>the real distro instead of just shipping an update with backports?
>Would
>that make sense in this case?

We are already doing the security updates, but it needs rewriting large amounts of ruby code. We need more volunteers here as upstream does not have a long term support release. Stretch-backports is time consuming at first, but we can get to an upstream supported release. Also many people prefer a new upstream release for features (one of the reasons for salsa not using native Debian packages).

So its security and new features.