Re: Request for package update: FreeRDP

Hi!

On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 11:12 AM, Micha Lenk <micha@debian.org> wrote:
> Please remember, Debian Backports are not meant to be used for fixing
> bugs.

Actually, I was talking about FreeRDP2, not FreeRDP.
And FreeRDP2 is not part of stable/stretch, as you can see at [1].
So I need to go through stretch-bpo in any case, also because FreeRDP2
is a dependency of Remmina 1.2, which I maintain and now backported on
huge user request.

> Could you please consider fixing this also via a stable release update
> for 'stretch'?  The actual changes from the linked merged pull request
> seem small enough so that they might be easy to backport.

I haven't checked that yet, but my role in FreeRDP (any version)
maintenance is limited to keep it up-to-date enough in backports to
allow me upload newer releases fo Remmina there, too.
Any change to FreeRDP has to be made by its maintainers, mainly Mike Gabriel.

Hope this explains more my approach on this topic.

Cheers.

[1] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/freerdp2

--
Matteo F. Vescovi || Debian Developer