Re: Fwd: libvirt-daemon-system (bpo) upgrade hard freezes system

On Sun, 18 Mar 2018 at 15:33:11 +0200, Jan Groenewald wrote:
> Running 4.14.0-0.bpo.4 `systemctl disable cups-browsed` also hard freezes the
> machine.
> Running 4.9.0-6 that does not happen, the service is successfully disabled.

This is surprising to me, because `systemd disable` doesn't actually do
very much (it changes some symlinks around, but doesn't actually start
or stop any services). Perhaps the freeze is caused by, or related to,
systemctl doing the equivalent of `systemctl daemon-reload`, which causes
systemd to reload its in-memory data structures from units on disk?

    smcv