Re: Any timeline on Jessie Backports getting kernel 4.10?

On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 06:47:30PM +0200, Micha Lenk wrote:
> Hi Nicholas,
>
> On 07/12/2017 12:32 PM, Nicholas D Steeves wrote:
> >All backporters have a responsibility to maintain their backports with
> >updates from codename+1 until codename+2 is released, but IIRC they
> >become the LTS Team's responsibility when old-stable becomes
> >old-old-stable.
>
> No, I wouldn't expect that.

Eh?
wheezy7-bpos must be updated from jessie8 until stretch9 is released
jessie8-bpos must be update from stretch9 until buster10 is released

On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 07:40:02PM +0200, Alexander Wirt wrote:

> > No, I wouldn't expect that.
> LTS Team is not involved in backports. And old-old-stable backports doesn't
> exist.

I swear I read a thread about how the expectation is that a backporter
is not responsible for continuing to maintain his/her bpos in the part
of the LTS lifecycle after +2 is released...but how the LTS team would
if they felt the bpo was important.  Maybe I missed the end of that
discussion?  Was it resolved that backports become unmaintained when
old-stable becomes old-old-stable?

Cheers,
Nicholas