Re: python-django_1.8.18-1~bpo8+1_amd64.changes REJECTED

 ❦ 27 mai 2017 12:16 +0100, Simon McVittie <smcv@debian.org> :

>> When using backports as intended it is clear that the latest package
>> from stretch should be uploaded to jessie-backports, and the package
>> should be the same no matter who does the backports upload.
>
> If the backport is trivial, then yes, but not all backports are trivial.
> Have a look at ostree - the backport is patched to cope with jessie's
> older GLib. A GLib backport does exist, but I'm not really comfortable
> with having the ostree and flatpak backports depend on it, because GLib
> has a major role in most of our desktop environments so upgrading it is
> a significant divergence from jessie.

FI, Redhat is upgrading the GLib during its point upgrades. They were
using 2.36 for 7.0 and are using 2.46 for 7.3 (but they use some
compatibility patch too).
--
Don't stop at one bug.