Re: python-django_1.8.18-1~bpo8+1_amd64.changes REJECTED

On Thu, 25 May 2017, Brian May wrote:

> So instead of backporting just one package, I end up backporting 4
> packages.

Eh, but that’s normal.

> Lets say Django 1.10 enters backports. This breaks my hypothetical
> package which is stable.

Then the alternative is that the users of your package may not
install Django from backports. But you already knew that, because
the Django of Debian+1 has Conflicts/Breaks in place.

You do not *have* to backport, you know. But if you do, then,
yes, you will need to take care of the additional dependencies
needed (and the maintainers thereof, ideally).

bye,
//mirabilos
--
[16:04:33] bkix: "veni vidi violini"
[16:04:45] bkix: "ich kam, sah und vergeigte"...