Re: python-django_1.8.18-1~bpo8+1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Mechtilde <ooo@mechtilde.de> writes:

> As I see that is an update from 1.7.11 to 1.10.7.
>
> If this isn't possible it should be an RC. In general it is not
> necessary to do an update to stable-backports in the meantime.

I think it is unfortunate this issue only now become general knowledge,
it has somewhat confused the arguments here.

Anyway, your bug is 863267.

This bug was closed, and rightly so, because as of yet there is no
evidence that you can't upgrade Django from 1.7.11 to 1.10.7 except in
one Django application. As a result, it *could* be that the one Django
application is broken.

I would really like to look into this application myself, and find out
***why*** upgrades of this package are broken. I think understanding
this could be important for other Django applications I develop. However
it might be several weeks before I can get the time to do so - as this
weekend I already have urgent tasks I need to complete.

At present, I find it very hard to believe that the *only* solution here
is to upgrade 1.7.11 to 1.10.7 via 1.8.x.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>