Re: Backporting matplotlib and its dependencies (Was: Sagemath Build-Depends backported - unfortunately build error (Was: Help needed to backport ipywidgets ... (Was: Backporting sagemath))]

Andreas Tille:
> [..]
>
>> I notice also that the maintainer uploaded the arch:all packages to sid, so the buildds didn't attempt this build that you're doing:
>>
>> https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=matplotlib
>>
>> So, you could try to build the version currently in sid, against sid. If it FTBFS you can file an RC bug and force the maintainer to fix it. :p
>
> I admit I do not understand this hint, sorry.

If you look at the "Logs" column of the table linked above, it says "no logs" for arch:all and arch:amd64. This means the DD built these locally and uploaded the binaries, the buildds did not build for these architectures.

Since your error is in generating the documentation, there might be an inherent problem with building that documentation, that was obscured on the DD's own machine. (Maybe missing B-D). I was suggesting that you try the build against sid, to check that if this is the case. If so (i.e. it FTBFS), then it needs a RC bug filed against it. If not, then my hint here isn't useful.

GPG: ed25519/56034877E1F87C35
GPG: rsa4096/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
https://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git